Cathryn qualified as a solicitor in 1995 and joined Nelsons in 2012. As Nelsons’ Director of Risk & Performance Management, Cathryn is responsible for maintaining and driving the firm’s high standards and performance.
Cathryn has a national, as well as local, client base and has excellent relationships with her clients, who praise her hard work and ability to distil highly technical cases to their core features. She is also recognised by the independently researched legal directories Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial litigation:
- Professional negligence:
Director of Risk & Performance Management and Head of Nelsons’ Dispute Resolution team
- Previously Head of Commercial Litigation at Shakespeares, Nottingham and Head of Commercial Litigation (Sheffield) and National Head of Professional Negligence at Irwin Mitchell
- Author for the professional negligence division of Simons Taxes
- Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association
- Member of Derby University’s University Court
- Recommended by the Legal 500