Cathryn qualified as a solicitor in 1995 and joined Nelsons in 2012. Cathryn became Head of Nelsons’ Dispute Resolution team in 2018 and has over 20 years’ experience specialising in commercial dispute resolution and professional negligence claims.
Cathryn has a national, as well as local, client base and has excellent relationships with her clients, who praise her hard work and ability to distil highly technical cases to their core features. She is also recognised by the independently researched legal directories Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500.
Areas of Expertise
- Commercial litigation:
- Professional negligence:
- Head of Nelsons’ Dispute Resolution team
- Previously Head of Commercial Litigation at Shakespeares, Nottingham and Head of Commercial Litigation (Sheffield) and National Head of Professional Negligence at Irwin Mitchell
- Author for the professional negligence division of Simons Taxes
- Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers’ Association
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Member of Derby University’s University Court
- Recommended by the Legal 500