If you have a complaint or are unhappy with the service you have received from us following an online enquiry, we encourage you to contact your lawyer/financial adviser or the named person responsible for your matter in the first instance. You can do this through this form.
1. If the problem is not resolved, you have the right to complain to the Managing Partner Chris Miller who will implement our internal Complaints Procedure, a copy of which will be supplied to you at the time.
2. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, and it relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may be able to submit your complaint to a certified alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider in the UK via the EU ‘ODR platform’.
a. The ODR platform, is an interactive website offering a single point of entry for disputes between consumers and traders relating to online contracts. The ODR platform is available to consumer clients only, i.e. where you have instructed us for purposes outside your trade, business, craft or profession.
b. The website address for the ODR platform is: ec.europa.eu/odr.
3. You may also, provided you do so ordinarily within 6 months of our written response to your complaint, refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman by telephone on 0300 555 0333, or email at email@example.com or in writing to the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB. The Ombudsman’s powers do not apply to all clients.
4. Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services, ProMediate and Small Claims Mediation) exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and Nelsons wish to use such an alternative scheme. Nelsons do not agree to use any of these or similar schemes.
5. There may be a right to object to our bill by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Legal Ombudsman may not accept a referral if the court assessment process has been started.
a. If all or part of a bill remains unpaid, Nelsons may be permitted to charge interest on unpaid sums.
b. In the event of an unsuccessful challenge to our charges, we reserve the right, so far as our professional rules permit, to charge you for the work done and any expenses payable by us as a result.