Gayle is a Partner, Solicitor and Mediator in our expert Family Law team. She qualified as a Solicitor in 1997 and worked in our team from 2001 to 2013, and then re-joined the team in December 2020, following our acquisition of Glynis Wright & Co.
Gayle specialises in family law, advising and mediating in relation to divorce and separation cases, often involving complex financial settlements. Gayle also advises and mediates in relation to private children law matters, including the resolution of children arrangements.
Areas of Expertise
- Divorce and separation
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Financial provision
- Children arrangements
- Private children law applications – parental responsibility, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Resolution Accredited Specialist in matrimonial finance and private children law
- Resolution Trained Mediator (working towards FMC accreditation)
- Resolution Member
- Recommended by The Legal 500 as a Next Generation Partner
- Recommended by Chambers and Partners
- Main Committee Member of Leicestershire Law Society
- Gayle is listed as a Leading Lawyer by Wiselaw
- Gayle was previously on the Leadership Team of a niche family law firm, Glynis Wright & Co, which won Law Firm of the Year (small firm) in the National Law Society Excellence Awards in 2018 and Law Firm of the Year in the Leicestershire Law Society Awards in 2015.
“Gayle Rowley of Nelsons Solicitors has a burgeoning practice in the market. She is highlighted for her ability to assist with complex financial matters following divorce or separation. She has further experience handling sensitive issues concerning allegations of abuse.”
– Chambers and Partners 2023
“Gayle Rowley works exceptionally hard and is very conscientious. She will do as much as she can to achieve a positive result for clients, whilst also being realistic with them as to the potential outcome.”
– The Legal 500 2023
‘Gayle Rowley – Gayle is very client-focussed and makes herself readily available to discuss matters with clients and Counsel. Gayle cares very deeply about her clients.’