Helping you to buy a property under the Right to Buy scheme
You may be eligible to purchase the property that you are currently renting under a Right to Buy scheme. At Nelsons, we have one of the largest teams of conveyancing solicitors in the East Midlands, helping hundreds of families in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham in buying properties under a Right to Buy scheme every year.
Conveyancing process – buying a property under the Right to Buy scheme
As soon as you have received confirmation that you are eligible:
- Contact us to give us details of the house you want to buy.
- Get an instant, comprehensive conveyancing fee quote, which you can use to instruct us.
- Tell any other parties involved, including the Council or Housing Association, your mortgage broker/mortgage lender that we are the solicitors acting for you and give them our contact details.
We will send you:
- A quotation, together with our terms and conditions.
- An instruction form to complete with details about you, the seller and the transaction.
- We will need proof of your identity to comply with Money Laundering legislation, or you can give us permission to undertake verification checks.
We will then:
- Request the draft contract and title documentation from the Local Authority or Housing Association. We will then advise you on the contract and property title.
- Carry out a Local Authority search, drainage and water search, environmental and flood search and, where necessary, a mining search. We will then advise you on the results of the searches.
- We will raise such enquiries as we consider necessary to clarify any discrepancies in connection to the property title. We will then advise you on any information provided by the sellers’ conveyancer in their replies to our enquiries.
- We will communicate with you, your sellers’ conveyancer and your mortgage provider, as necessary, to facilitate a smooth transaction to reach a completion.
Buying a house through the Right to Buy scheme with our team of expert solicitors
At Nelsons, we practice the latest conveyancing methods to ensure your property purchase is a hassle-free experience, providing a fast, efficient and value for money service to our clients using online search tools and other modern technology. Our team of experts are friendly and approachable and will be able to guide you along the process.
- Instant online conveyancing fee quotations
- 24 hour case tracking through our secure online system
- Fixed fee conveyancing for peace of mind on costs
Our high quality and efficient residential property team is accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
In September 2019, our conveyancing solicitors were named ‘Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year’ for the East Midlands at the LFS Conveyancing Awards 2019. The award win also led to us being shortlisted for the ‘Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year’, for which we took home the second-place silver award.
For further information on how our conveyancing solicitors can assist you with buying a property through the Right to Buy scheme, please contact us via our online enquiry form or call 0800 024 1976 for a guaranteed response. Alternatively, get an instant quote via our online conveyancing fees calculator.
“Was nervous about not going with a local solicitor for our first house purchase but excellent service and approachable staff proved us wrong!”Client Feedback
"I have found Nelsons to be very helpful all along the way and would not hesitate in recommending your firm in the future."Client Feedback
"I was very impressed with the professionalism and manner in which my case was dealt with. Many thanks."Client Feedback
"Nelsons are fantastic. Fast, reliable service. Communication is superb. Would definitely recommend their conveyancing service for house buying/selling."Client Feedback