Legal services to the Education sector
Our specialist education solicitors work with teachers, schools, academies, colleges and universities to offer a full range of education law services, including:
- Academy conversion services
- Multi Academy Trusts formation
- Education training courses
- Advice for teachers
- Employment matters including HR, TUPE and disciplinary/grievance procedures
- Investigations into misconduct, poor performance and grievances
- Corporate governance
- Debt recovery
- Land, leases and property matters
- Equality Act issues, including tribunals and appeals
- Building and contractual disputes
- Difficulties in respect of staff and governors
- Constitutional and governance affairs
- Funding and commercial contracts and arrangements
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act issues
How our Education Law team can help
Education law can be very complicated but our expert solicitors can offer comprehensive legal advice and assistance.
Our Education Law team in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham is overseen by Partner and Solicitor, Laura Kearsley, who is supported by solicitors who specialise in all of the related academy conversion and post-conversion legal disciplines covering:
We are able to provide fixed fees for our conversion services and for many of the legal support services we provide to schools.
We also offer a range of forums, seminars and training courses to make sure you stay ahead of the ever-changing game.
For further information regarding our specialist education services, please call 0800 024 1976 or contact us via our online enquiry form.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited's 'very good' team takes on a broad spectrum of instructions, ranging from academy conversions to employment law advice, corporate governance, commercial issues and property-related mandates."Legal 500