Helping you to buy an auction property
You may be thinking about purchasing a property through an auction house. Before the auction, you must carry out thorough checks and investigations on the property ahead of the auction as when the gavel drops, you will have entered into a legally binding contract.
At Nelsons, we have one of the largest teams of conveyancing solicitors in the East Midlands, helping hundreds of families in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham in buying properties sold at auction every year.Fill in our short online form for a hassle free conveyancing fee quote
Conveyancing process – buying an auction property
When you have found a property you are interested in and before the auction:
- Contact us to give us details of the house you want to buy.
- Get an instant, comprehensive conveyancing fee quote, which you can use to instruct us.
We will send you:
- A quotation, together with our terms and conditions.
- An instruction form to complete with details about you, the seller and the transaction.
- We will need proof of your identity to comply with Money Laundering legislation, or you can permit us to undertake verification checks.
We will then:
- Obtain the legal pack provided by the Auction House, which should contain information about the title deeds, special conditions of sale, searches and any other important documents.
- We will provide a thorough report on the title and the documents provided to us from the Auction House to ensure that you have a good understanding of the property before the auction.
- If you are successful at the auction, we will then see the transaction through to successful completion.
Buying an auction property with our team of expert solicitors
We practice the latest conveyancing methods to ensure your property purchase is a hassle-free experience, providing a fast, efficient and value for money service to our clients using online search tools and other modern technology. Our team of experts are friendly and approach and will be able to guide you along the process.
- Instant online conveyancing fee quotations
- 24-hour case tracking through our secure online system
- Fixed fee conveyancing for peace of mind on costs
- Email updates and text messages at key stages of the transaction
Our high quality and efficient residential property team are accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
In September 2019, our conveyancing solicitors were named ‘Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year’ for the East Midlands at the LFS Conveyancing Awards 2019. The award win also led to us being shortlisted for the ‘Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year’, for which we took home the second-place silver award.
Our team is also a member firm of the Conveyancing Association – an organisation proactively working to improve the conveyancing process and to formulate and implement best practices throughout the industry.
If you have any questions about buying an auction property, please contact us via our online enquiry form or call 0800 024 1976 for a guaranteed response.
“Was nervous about not going with a local solicitor for our first house purchase but excellent service and approachable staff proved us wrong!”Client Feedback
"I have found Nelsons to be very helpful all along the way and would not hesitate in recommending your firm in the future."Client Feedback
"I was very impressed with the professionalism and manner in which my case was dealt with. Many thanks."Client Feedback
"Nelsons are fantastic. Fast, reliable service. Communication is superb. Would definitely recommend their conveyancing service for house buying/selling."Client Feedback