Specialist advice to grow and support your family business
Running a family owned business, be it as a limited company, sole trader business or partnership, can be a fine balancing act of professional and personal life, presenting its own set of unique challenges along the way.
The success of a family business, now and in the future, and maintaining a healthy family dynamic, depends on how the day to day challenges are dealt with. By obtaining specialist legal advice from the outset or as early as possible, you can make the best decisions for your business and family, providing protection and reassurance.
How our solicitors can help your family business
At Nelsons, our solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham provide specialist advice to family owned businesses on a comprehensive range of legal work, which enables us to gain a detailed understanding of your family dynamic and commercial operations.
Our aim is to provide you with expert legal support, tailored to your circumstances, to help you do what is right for your business and family, whether that is growing and developing it to thrive for future generations or assisting with succession or exit planning to enable the family to get the value from the business, whilst leaving it in capable hands moving forward.
Our team of solicitors and independent financial advisers includes experts specialising in dispute resolution, corporate services, employment law, commerce and technology, family law, and Wills, Trusts and probate matters.
The team have many years’ experience advising family businesses across the country on a variety of legal services, including:
- Structure and governance of the family business
- Business succession planning and exit options
- Pre-nuptial agreements for business owners
- Protecting a family business during divorce proceedings
- Employing family members
- Commercial agreements and contracts
- Share sales and purchases
- Reorganisations and demergers
- Funding requirements
- Investment readiness
- Employment contracts, policies and procedures
- Resolving business disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Corporate fraud and asset recovery
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Debt recovery services
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial property advice
- Advice on Wills, Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Inheritance Tax
- Investment management services, including cash flow modelling and pension services