Specialist fixed fee intellectual property service
Like any business asset, intellectual property can sometimes find itself at the heart of a dispute; for example, you might feel that your competitor’s product has been copied from yours or that another business’s branding is too similar to your trade mark.
Equally, you might be that competitor and find yourself accused of having infringed third party rights.
Intellectual property disputes are complex and expert legal advice should be sought at the outset. This remains the case whether you are the rights holder or the alleged infringer.
Our fixed fee cease and desist service
At Nelsons, we offer a fixed fee cease and desist service for the initial stages of any intellectual property dispute.
We charge a fixed fee of £1,000 plus VAT (or £2,000 plus VAT, should the case concern a patent) for this work. That fixed fee includes the following:
- Our review of the relevant documentation (up to 30 pages);
- Telephone appointment to discuss the background with you;
- Preliminary advice concerning:
- The intellectual property rights in question and how these are infringed;
- Whether any steps can or should be taken to strengthen the prospective claim or defence at this early stage; and
- Whether there would or could be a potential counterclaim.
- Preparation of the cease and desist letter or response to the letter that you have received, as appropriate
For further information on our fixed fee cease and desist service, please get in touch with a member of our Intellectual Property team in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham on 0800 024 1976 or via our online enquiry form.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited's practice is jointly led by Harpreet Sandhu (who heads up the firm’s non-contentious IP offering) and Emma Ward (who leads the contentious IP practice). Ward, who is a 'truly exceptional solicitor', is an allied member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).”Legal 500