Legal advice on financial agreements in divorce
If you are divorced, you will need a court order (consent order) to make your financial agreement binding.
If you have already exchanged full financial information and reached an agreement with your spouse, we can prepare the document for you and help you obtain the order.
Our services include:
- Taking your instructions on the agreement you have reached
- Advising you on the implications of obtaining the order
- Drafting the consent order and financial statement which the court requires
- Sending the document to the court and sending the final order to you
If you haven’t reached an agreement with your spouse we can:
- Disclose your financial details to your spouse and obtain their financial information
- Negotiate the agreement for you
- Attend any court hearing on your behalf.
If you would like to meet with one of our experienced family law solicitors to discuss a divorce consent order, we offer an initial meeting for a fixed fee of £150 + VAT.
As part of this meeting, our solicitor will give you a full assessment of your situation, explain what your legal rights and options are as well the cost for finalising your divorce consent order.
"The team at Nelsons Solicitors Limited is praised for its ‘unwavering professionalism and commitment to clients’ that ‘set it apart from the competition’."Legal 500
"Accomplished practice noted for both matrimonial and childcare matters."Chambers & Partners
"Very satisfied with all the service you have given me. Thank you for all the help I have been given."Client Feedback
"Service was superb."Client Feedback
"Excellent service."Client Feedback
"Perfect handling of a sensitive situation."Client Feedback