Legal advice on financial agreements in divorce
If you have gone through a divorce, you will need a Court order (consent order) to make your financial agreement legally binding.
If you have already exchanged full financial information and reached an agreement with your ex-spouse, we can prepare the document for you and help you obtain the order.
How our divorce solicitors can help you obtain a consent order
Our services include:
- Taking your instructions on the agreement you have reached
- Advising you on the implications of obtaining the order
- Drafting the consent order and financial statement which the Court requires
- Sending the document to the Court and sending the final order to you
If you haven’t reached an agreement with your ex-spouse we can:
- Disclose your financial details to your spouse and obtain their financial information
- Negotiate the agreement for you
- Attend any Court hearing on your behalf
If you would like to meet with one of our experienced family law solicitors to discuss a divorce consent order or a financial settlement, we offer two fixed fee appointment options depending on the level of advice you require.
For both options, one of our specialist divorce solicitors will meet you and give you a full assessment of your circumstances. The team will explain what your legal rights and options are, as well as what it may cost to take further legal advice. This is charged at £200 + VAT, or £150 + VAT if you are meeting with one of our paralegals.
At Nelsons, our experience ensures that we will give you specialist advice about your circumstances, as well as supporting you throughout the divorce process.
Our team of family solicitors includes:
- Resolution Accredited Specialists
- Law Society Family Panel & Advanced Family Panel members
- Law Society Children Panel Members
Please contact us to discuss how our solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham can help you regarding a divorce consent order.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited has an excellent reputation in financial relief cases involving high-net-worth individuals and complicated child-related proceedings."Legal 500
“Accomplished practice noted for both matrimonial and childcare matters. Appropriately equipped to assist with public and private children law, including adoptions, child abductions and non-accidental injury cases. Active in high-value financial remedy matters, including those involving trusts, commercial assets and cross-border aspects.”Chambers & Partners
"Very satisfied with all the service you have given me. Thank you for all the help I have been given."Client Feedback
"Service was superb."Client Feedback
"Excellent service."Client Feedback
"Perfect handling of a sensitive situation."Client Feedback