Legal advice on financial agreements in divorce
If you are divorced, you will need a court order (consent order) to make your financial agreement binding.
If you have already exchanged full financial information and reached an agreement with your spouse, we can prepare the document for you and help you obtain the order.
Our services include:
- Taking your instructions on the agreement you have reached
- Advising you on the implications of obtaining the order
- Drafting the consent order and financial statement which the court requires
- Sending the document to the court and sending the final order to you
If you haven’t reached an agreement with your spouse we can:
- Disclose your financial details to your spouse and obtain their financial information
- Negotiate the agreement for you
- Attend any court hearing on your behalf.
If you would like to meet with one of our experienced family law solicitors to discuss a divorce consent order, we offer an initial meeting for a fixed fee of £150 + VAT.
As part of this meeting, our solicitor will give you a full assessment of your situation, explain what your legal rights and options are as well the cost for finalising your divorce consent order.
“The ‘very thoughtful and efficient’ Kelvin Henderson…runs both ‘small- and big-money cases with equal skill and care’. “Legal 500