Helping you to manage charity funds
It is a challenging time for charities, and for trustees whose responsibility it is to safeguard and promote their organisation’s interests.
When it comes to investing funds, there is a balance to be struck between cautiousness and bold risk-taking. That’s where our expert charity investment advice can really help.
Charity investment management
At Nelsons we have a team of lawyers and independent financial advisers who provide charity investment advice, and support trustees in meeting the legal requirements and managing funds and investments. We’ll advise on the levels of risk associated with meeting your charity’s objectives, and we’ll identify the best investment opportunities for you.
Our support doesn’t end once funds have been placed. We will keep your investments under review as financial markets change and your charity and its strategy evolves. Through ongoing analysis and forecasting, we’ll make sure that your charity’s money is in the right places at the right times.
We recognise that managing charities’ money is a critical, but not the only task facing trustees. So we aim to provide a greater level of management for this service, freeing up time for trustees to continue with charitable activities and to plan with confidence for the future.
Our charity investment management service includes:
- A review of your key documents such as trust deeds and Investor Policy Statements for compliance with legislation and industry guidance.
- Providing a bespoke Investor Policy Statement for your charity.
Maximising investment returns
- An independent expert review of your existing investments.
- Advice on and implementation of appropriate investments, taking into account ethical concerns.
- A review of costs.
- Cash-flow analysis and forecasting, including impact analysis of inflation.
- A review of your financial objectives, be they income, capital preservation, or planning for specific projects.
- Monitoring and management with on-going review meetings and written reports.
Contact independent financial adviser Simon Thatcher for an initial, no-obligation consultation to discuss our charity investment advice service.