Helping you transfer equity in your home
You may be thinking of transferring ownership of a property into additional names, or removing names from the ownership. This can be by way of a gift, matrimonial or relationship separation. At Nelsons, we have one of the largest teams of conveyancing solicitors in the East Midlands, helping hundreds of families in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham to transfer the equity in their homes every year.
Transfer of equity process
As soon as you decided that you want to transfer equity in your property:
- Contact us to give us details of you and your property.
- You can get an instant, comprehensive cost estimate for a transfer of equity from our online conveyancing fees calculator.
- Tell any other parties involved, including your mortgage broker/mortgage lender that we are the solicitors acting for you and give them our contact details.
We will then send you:
- A quotation together with our terms and conditions and an instruction form to collect important details of you and the transaction
- We will need proof of your identity (under Money Laundering legislation) or you can give us the approval to do identity verification checks.
The next steps are then:
- To get started, we will obtain the Land Registry Official Copy entries or the title deeds to the property. We will carry out the necessary investigations and checks on the property required by the new mortgage lender, if any.
- We will liaise with any other solicitors involved to ensure that the formal documentation is prepared correctly.
- We may need to carry out a Local Authority search, drainage and water search, environmental and flood search and, where necessary, a mining search or obtain search indemnity insurance, in satisfaction of your lender’s mortgage conditions.
How our team of expert solicitors can assist with transfers of equity
At Nelsons, we practice the latest conveyancing methods to ensure your transfer of equity is a hassle-free experience, providing a fast, efficient and value for money service to our clients using online search tools and other modern technology. Our team of experts are friendly and approachable to ensure that you experience a smooth transaction.
- Instant online conveyancing fee quotations
- 24 hour case tracking through our secure online system
- Fixed fee estimates for peace of mind on costs
- Facilities to email updates and text messages at key stages of the transaction
Our high quality and efficient residential property team is accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
In September 2019, our conveyancing solicitors were named ‘Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year’ for the East Midlands at the LFS Conveyancing Awards 2019. The award win also led to us being shortlisted for the ‘Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year’, for which we took home the second-place silver award.
For further information on how our conveyancing solicitors can assist you with a transfer of equity, please contact us via our online enquiry form or call 0800 024 1976 for a guaranteed response. Alternatively, get an instant quote via our online conveyancing fees calculator.
“Was nervous about not going with a local solicitor for our first house purchase but excellent service and approachable staff proved us wrong!”Client Feedback
"I have found Nelsons to be very helpful all along the way and would not hesitate in recommending your firm in the future."Client Feedback
"I was very impressed with the professionalism and manner in which my case was dealt with. Many thanks."Client Feedback
"Nelsons are fantastic. Fast, reliable service. Communication is superb. Would definitely recommend their conveyancing service for house buying/selling."Client Feedback