Helping you remortgage your home
You may want to remortgage your property to ensure a better deal is obtained from a new mortgage lender, or you may want to free up some equity in your property.
At Nelsons, we have one of the largest teams of conveyancing solicitors in the East Midlands, providing specialist advice to hundreds of families in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham to remortgage their homes every year.
As soon as you have decided that you want to remortgage your property:
- Contact us to give us details of you and your property.
- Get an instant, comprehensive conveyancing fee quote, which you can use to instruct us.
- Tell your mortgage broker/mortgage lender that we are the solicitors acting for you and give them our contact details.
We will then send you:
- A quotation together with our terms and conditions and an instruction form to collect important details of you and the transaction.
- We will need proof of your identity (under Money Laundering legislation) or you can give us the approval to do identity verification checks.
The next steps are then:
- To get started, we will obtain the Land Registry Official Copy entries or the title deeds to the property. We will carry out the necessary investigations and checks on the property required by the new mortgage lender. We will also be liaising with your current mortgage provider to obtain a settlement figure for the redemption of your current mortgage,
- We will require a formal copy of the mortgage offer. This will be reviewed to ensure that all the conditions can be met.
- We may need to carry out a Local Authority search, drainage and water search, environmental and flood search and, where necessary, a mining search or obtain search indemnity insurance, in satisfaction of your lender’s mortgage conditions.
Remortgage advice – how we can help
At Nelsons, we practice the latest conveyancing methods to ensure your remortgage is a hassle-free experience, providing a fast, efficient and value for money service to our clients using online search tools and other modern technology. Our team of experts are friendly and approachable to ensure that you experience a smooth transaction.
- Instant online conveyancing fee quotations
- 24 hour case tracking through our secure online system
- Fixed fee estimates for peace of mind on costs
- Facilities to email updates and text messages at key stages of the transaction
Our high quality and efficient residential property team is accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
In September 2019, our conveyancing solicitors were named ‘Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year’ for the East Midlands at the LFS Conveyancing Awards 2019. The award win also led to us being shortlisted for the ‘Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year’, for which we took home the second-place silver award.
If you require advice in relation to a remortgage, please contact our expert team of conveyancing solicitors today via our online enquiry form or call 0800 024 1976 for a guaranteed response.
“Was nervous about not going with a local solicitor for our first house purchase but excellent service and approachable staff proved us wrong!”Client Feedback
"I have found Nelsons to be very helpful all along the way and would not hesitate in recommending your firm in the future."Client Feedback
"Nelsons are fantastic. Fast, reliable service. Communication is superb. Would definitely recommend their conveyancing service for house buying/selling."Client Feedback
"I was very impressed with the professionalism and manner in which my case was dealt with. Many thanks."Client Feedback