Helping you to purchase an investment property
You may be thinking about purchasing your first investment property, or you may already be a well-established landlord. At Nelsons, we have one of the largest teams of conveyancing solicitors in the East Midlands, helping hundreds of families in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham in buying new investment properties every year.
Our team of conveyancing solicitors have a wealth of experience in assisting investors buy a range of properties which may already be subject to tenants.
Conveyancing process – buying an investment property
Once you have agreed to purchase an investment property:
- Contact us to give us details of the house you want to buy.
- Get an instant, comprehensive conveyancing fee quote, which you can use to instruct us.
- Tell the seller’s estate agent that we are acting for you and simply give them our contact details.
We will send you:
- A quotation, together with our terms and conditions.
- An instruction form to complete with details about you, the seller and the transaction.
- We will need proof of your identity to comply with Money Laundering legislation, or you can give us permission to undertake verification checks.
We will then:
- Request the draft contract and title documentation from the sellers’ conveyancer. We will then advise you on the contract and property title.
- Carry out a Local Authority search, drainage and water search, environmental and flood search and, where necessary, a mining search. We will then advise you on the results of the searches.
- We will raise such enquiries as we consider necessary to clarify any discrepancies in connection to the property title. We will then advise you on any information provided by the sellers’ conveyancer in their replies to our enquiries.
- The property may be subject to existing tenancy agreements. We will make appropriate enquiries into these and report to you fully on the findings.
- We will communicate with you, your sellers’ conveyancer, the estate agent and your mortgage provider, as necessary, to facilitate a smooth transaction to reach a completion.
Buying an investment property with our team of expert solicitors
At Nelsons, we practice the latest conveyancing methods to ensure your property purchase is a hassle-free experience, providing a fast, efficient and value for money service to our clients using online search tools and other modern technology. Our team of experts are friendly and approach and will be able to guide you along the process.
- 24 hour case tracking through our secure online system
- Fixed fee conveyancing for peace of mind on costs
- Email updates and text messages at key stages of the transaction
Our expert team of conveyancing solicitors is accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
In September 2019, our conveyancing solicitors were named ‘Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year’ for the East Midlands at the LFS Conveyancing Awards 2019. The award win also led to us being shortlisted for the ‘Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year’, for which we took home the second-place silver award.