Acquisitions, leases and disposals
Commercial property transactions call for solicitors who work thoroughly, efficiently and skilfully.
That’s what clients who instruct Nelsons will get. Our team of commercial property solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham deal with all types of acquisitions, leases and disposals involving everything from large industrial units to small corner shops. We advise businesses across the East Midlands and nationally who are looking to relocate or expand their company.
With particular strength in strategic land acquisition for residential development, retail acquisitions and developments, and deals in the private investment market, our solicitors have earned an excellent reputation. We provide our clients with bespoke legal advice and assistance regarding their circumstances, taking into consideration their business objectives for the future.
Our commercial property solicitors can assist with the full range of real estate work, including:
- Commercial leases
- Freehold acquisitions and disposals
- Strategic land acquisitions
- Buying land for development
- Contaminated land and environmental issues
- Developer disputes
- Joint venture agreements
- Construction contracts
- Retail development
- Property and pension funds
- Planning law
- Compulsory purchase
- Rights of way issues
At Nelsons, our Commercial Property team is supported by our specialist Construction and Property Disputes teams, and have a wealth of experience and knowledge across a broad range of commercial real estate work.
Here are some of the recent commercial property deals that we have advised on:
- The sale of a student accommodation block in Nottingham city centre to investors in a circa £2 million commercial property deal during the coronavirus lockdown.
- Supporting regional charity, Women’s Work, expand their business by moving to bigger premises.
- Acting for Midlands-based business energy and water supplier, Yü Energy, on a multi-million pound deal at Waterside development scheme in Leicester.
- Advising Rushcliffe Care Group on the freehold acquisition of the old Priory Hospital Aberdare in Aberaman.
- We managed a deal on behalf of Lovell Partnerships on the £10 million design and build project of a site at Abbey Meadows, Leicester.
- Assisting Derby resident Swain Myers on his acquisition of BEAN Caffé and its associated premises.
- Supporting financial services company, Talbot and Muir, in doubling their presence in Nottingham by moving to larger office premises.
For further information on how our solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham can help your business, please contact us via our online enquiry form or call 0800 024 1976 for a guaranteed response.
"Nelsons...recent work has included advising developers on high-value developments and strategic land projects, as well as undertaking refinancing work for institutional lenders and assisting pension scheme trustees with property acquisitions. The team also handled mandates for local and national retailers, and also charities and other voluntary sector clients, and educational establishments."Legal 500
"Its team is approachable, knowledgeable and refreshingly easy to deal with, compared to some. It has a wide variety of expertise and inspires confidence that, if it is instructed to deal with a matter, it will do so promptly and efficiently."Client Feedback
"I am very impressed with the high level of service and feedback, and delivered at the fixed price quoted."Client Feedback
"Attention to detail and how fast issues are dealt with is outstanding."Client Feedback