Compensation claims for hit and run accidents

If you are unfortunate enough to have been injured in a hit and run accident that was not your fault, you may be able to make a compensation claim. You may also be able to claim compensation if you were injured by an uninsured driver.

It may be possible to make a claim against the driver, if they are traced by the police. If the driver cannot be traced, you can make a claim with the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB), a Government organisation which assists victims who have been injured by an uninsured or untraced driver.

You can deal with the MIB directly, but the procedure may be complicated and lengthy, and we offer expert advice and assistance with these type of claims.

How Nelsons can help with hit and run injury claims

If you have been injured in a hit and run accident as a vehicle driver or passenger, pedestrian or cyclist, our expert team of solicitors can advise you on making a compensation claim.

Injuries sustained in hit and run accidents can vary enormously in severity from whiplash to injuries to the head and spine. We are experienced in handling all types of hit and run injury claims and can guide you through the process with expert advice and support.

We offer:

  • No win, no fee services
  • Help with rehabilitation for your injuries
  • A friendly team of experts

Hit And Run Injury ClaimsWe are members of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel – a specialist qualification held by experienced personal injury solicitors – and are highly recommended by the independently researched Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500 directories.

For more information on hit and run injury claims, please contact us to discuss how our personal injury solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham can help you. For a quick response to your enquiry, call us now or use our online chat.

  • "Nelsons Solicitors Limited has an experienced personal injury team that specialises in handling severe and catastrophic injury cases. The firm features on all appropriate and approved personal injury panels, including Headway...”

    Legal 500
  • “Excellent personal injury group with broad-ranging expertise encompassing industrial disease, public liability and RTA claims. Frequently handles cases involving severe injuries. Also experienced in employers' liability mandates.”

    Chambers & Partners
  • "...The team is knowledgeable about a broad range of severe and catastrophic injuries on both the personal injury and clinical negligence fronts, including spinal and orthopaedic injuries. Multi-party actions and inquest-related litigation are also areas where the group demonstrates a proven track record..."

    Legal 500
  • "I am really happy with the level of service I received. Thank you so much."

    Client Feedback

Find out how Nelsons can help you. Contact our friendly team for a guaranteed fast response.

For advice and support 0800 024 1976