Supporting local communities and societies
We recognise our responsibility to work in partnership with local communities and to make a positive difference in the region. We conduct pro-bono work across the East Midlands and, where possible, supports local community projects through sponsorship.
Nelsons’ nominated charities
In-line with our company charity strategy, employees are invited to nominate local charities which they wish to support on an annual basis.
We then hold fund raising events during the year for these organisations, which have recently included a 100 Miles in May challenge, bake sales and competitions, raffles and social media campaigns.
Our nominated charities for the forthcoming year are:
Nelsons supports and works with Leicestershire Cares, a charity that provides volunteering opportunities for companies looking to get involved with communities in Leicestershire and Rutland.
We were recognised for our on-going commitment to the charity at the 2017 Leicestershire Cares Awards Evening. Through our commitment to the charity, we have
- Helped transform the walls of Highfields Adventure Playground in Leicester;
- Painted and renovated the hall at the Centre Project, which is used to help homeless, single, vulnerable and socially isolated people;
- Assisted with several Christmas wrapping challenges for Toys on the Table;
- Provided support to local school children in practising job interview techniques;
- Helped to give the Redgate Farm Animal Sanctuary, in Markfield, Leicestershire, a garden makeover; and
- Decorated a residents’ lounge at Vista’s Kathleen Rutland care home, in Leicester Forest East.
Notts County FC Football in the Community
Nelsons is also an official partner of Notts County FC Football in the Community, which delivers a range of programmes that make a positive impact to people in the city, raising aspirations and supporting some of the most disadvantaged, marginalised and talented people across Nottingham.
The company also provide employees with information on payroll giving so that they can make donations to a charity of their choice.