Parental and international child abduction advice

If your child has been removed from its country of habitual residence, or you are considering relocating your child to another country, it is crucial to obtain advice from specialist child abduction solicitors.

Whether you:

  • are seeking to lawfully remove a child because you are relocating to another country
  • are opposing the relocation of a child
  • have abducted a child or your child has been abducted

Our team of child abduction solicitors are here to help you

If you need help with any of these issues, it is vital to seek advice from a specialist rather than a general family lawyer. They may not be familiar with the international movement of children law, which can have far reaching consequences.

International Child Abduction

Our team can assist whether the country in question is in Europe or the rest of the world. In certain circumstances we can apply for legal aid for your case.

International Contact Disputes

We can also assist with international contact disputes. If you are relocating and one parent does not consent to the relocation, we can assist with the application before the court with our extensive knowledge of applications to remove your child from the jurisdiction.

“‘Fearless yet caring advocate’ Melanie Bridgen is acting for an foreign national in proceedings arising from the unlawful abduction of the child from the Middle East to the UK…”

The Legal 500

Please contact us to discuss how our specialist solicitors can help you.

Find out how Nelsons can help you. Contact our friendly team for a guaranteed fast response.

For advice and support 0800 024 1976