Adoption legal advice
Adopting a child is a major decision with significant legal implications. Our expert team of adoption solicitors understand this sensitive and complex process. We can guide you from the outset right up to the issue of the adoption certificate.
The path to becoming an adoptive parent, whether you are adopting a child from the UK or abroad, is long and can be difficult. In either case, you will be assessed by the Local Authority, and with an international adoption there are extra issues to consider, such as foreign adoption laws and UK immigration laws.
What are the different types of adoption?
- Domestic adoption – an adoption of a child within England and Wales, where the child is either a family member or in the care of the local authority
- International adoption – an adoption where the child is being brought from a country outside England and Wales
- Step-parent adoption
- Foster parent adoption
- Local Authority adoption – when it is your child who is potentially being placed for adoption by a local authority
- Surrogacy adoption
How our specialist adoption solicitors can help
We can assist with all aspects of the adoption process, including applications, assessments and orders. We can also provide advice in relation to parental and birth parent rights.
Our children law team includes:
- Resolution Accredited Specialists
- Law Society Family Panel & Advanced Family Panel members
- Law Society Children Panel Members
To discuss how our adoption solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham can help you, please contact us via our online form or call 0800 024 1976 for a guaranteed response.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited has an excellent reputation in financial relief cases involving high-net-worth individuals and complicated child-related proceedings."Legal 500
“Accomplished practice noted for both matrimonial and childcare matters. Appropriately equipped to assist with public and private children law, including adoptions, child abductions and non-accidental injury cases. Active in high-value financial remedy matters, including those involving trusts, commercial assets and cross-border aspects.”Chambers & Partners
"Very satisfied with all the service you have given me. Thank you for all the help I have been given."Client Feedback
"Service was superb."Client Feedback
"Excellent service."Client Feedback
"Perfect handling of a sensitive situation."Client Feedback