Expert advice on reducing Capital Gains Tax
Capital Gains Tax is charged when you sell or dispose of a capital asset which has increased in value. You are charged on the profit you have made on the asset during the tax year.
The conditions associated with Capital Gains Tax includes the following:
- You can carry forward losses from previous years.
- Capital Gains Tax arises on disposal of an asset – normally on sale, but gifts, insurance claims or compensation for losses can be chargeable disposals.
- The value of the gain is normally the amount you receive, but gifts and certain sales may be valued at the open market value.
- Capital Gains Tax is not normally payable on death.
How we can help
- Allowable losses
- Chargeable gains
- Capital Gains Tax reliefs on shares
- Capital Gains Tax reliefs on Property
- Deductible expenses
- Entrepreneur’s relief
- Gift Hold Over Relief
- Business Asset roll over relief
- Private Residence relief
- Passing assets on to the next generation
- Maximising venture capital reliefs
Our team keeps up to date with the latest tax planning processes available so that we can always supply our clients with the best advice and service possible. The team is also recommended by the independently-researched publication, The Legal 500, as being one of the top teams of experts in the country.
For Capital Gains Tax advice and how our team of expert solicitors may be able to reduce your Capital Gains Tax liability, please call 0800 024 1976 or contact us via our online enquiry form.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited's 'exceptional service level' and 'strength-in-depth' make it a popular choice for clients seeking inheritance tax advice or assistance with trust administration and a broad range of other asset protection issues.”Legal 500
"Always courteous, friendly but professional staff."Client Feedback
"Very professional and efficient."Client Feedback
"The team is friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. They have always answered queries promptly."Client Feedback
"There is excellent communication with all members of the team. If one is off then always someone to help."Client Feedback