Legal support for charities
Acting for over 70 charities, Nelsons’ Charity Solicitors have specialist and in-depth experience in advising and acting for a broad range of charitable organisations.
We adopt an advisory role to Trustees and senior managers in their strategic planning of the organisation and aim to provide a practical and seamless service.
Our Charity Solicitors provide advice on:
- The formation of new charitable organisations and change of existing organisations to the new form of charitable incorporation
- Constitutional and governance affairs
- Trustee dealt with disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Funding and commercial arrangements
- Property matters
- Restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution including legacy disputes
- The setting up and administration of charitable trusts
- Legal services and day to day management for Almshouses.
We are recommended by the independently researched Legal 500 in this area of work.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited provides 'excellent service at all levels'. Practice head James Coningsby is particularly noted for his property expertise, although the team handles employment, corporate and education matters, as well as contentious and non-contentious probate and trust mandates."Legal 500