Legal support for charities
Acting for over 70 charities, Nelsons’ charity law team brings together lawyers who have specialist and in-depth experience in advising and acting for a broad range of charitable organisations.
We adopt an advisory role to Trustees and senior managers in their strategic planning of the organisation and aim to provide a practical and seamless service.
We provide charity law advice on:
- The formation of new charitable organisations and change of existing organisations to the new form of charitable incorporation
- Constitutional and governance affairs
- Trustee dealt with disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Funding and commercial arrangements
- Property matters
- Restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution including legacy disputes
- The setting up and administration of charitable trusts
- Legal services and day to day management for Almshouses.
We are recommended by the independently researched Legal 500 in this area of work.