In order to assist in pursuing a claim against your former Solicitor we will need to obtain the following information:
- The name of your Solicitor;
- The date when you instructed them;
- Details of the instruction i.e. what did you ask them to do?
- What did they do wrong?
- What do you say you have lost as a result of your former Solicitor’s actions?
- Any documents that your Solicitor may have sent/given you and copies of any documents you have sent/given them.
- Copies of all correspondence passing between you and your former Solicitor.
It is also likely that we will need to obtain your Solicitor’s file of papers as this may contain additional information/evidence (for example, file notes and internal memos).
Once we have undertaken a full review of the papers we will be able to advise you on the next steps. This will include how we can assist with funding your claim, whether any expert evidence is required and/or the likely time frames for pursuing the claim.