Simon qualified as a solicitor in 2000 and joined Nelsons’ Dispute Resolution team in 2011.
Simon specialises in banking and finance litigation, leading the Banking and Finance Dispute Resolution team, with particular expertise in asset and invoice based finance, both contentious and non-contentious, and has advised in the industry for over 15 years. The recovery of property and assets is often of paramount importance to lenders, and often involves difficult commercial and practical issues to be resolved. Simon’s focus is to find the most cost effective and commercially viable solution to such issues.
Simon advises and assists commercial and property based lenders in relation to their products and services, providing advice both for bespoke lending at the early stages of a transaction, and in the event of customer default. Simon is regularly involved in the enforcement of security over property and assets secured by facility agreements, including fixed charge and LPA receivership, possession proceedings and enforcement of debentures over company assets.
Simon also conducts insolvency and business restructuring, dealing with a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters, including business restructuring and recovery, liquidations, administrations and the sale of businesses out of insolvency situations. He assists office holder investigation and prosecuting actions arising out of or resulting from insolvency proceedings.
Areas of Expertise
- Asset, Invoice & Banking Finance:
- Lending Advice
- Asset & finance litigation
- Recovery of assets
- Securing payment
- Receiverships (LPA and Fixed Charge)
- International & national recovery
- Insolvency Litigation:
- Recovery of property and assets on behalf of insolvency practitioners
- Administrations, receiverships and liquidations
- Director Disqualification
- Reservation of Title
- Implications for Landlords – tenant insolvency
- Corporate rescue and recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract claims
- Previously a Partner and Head of Commercial Dispute Resolution at Else Solicitors LLP