Glynis qualified as a Solicitor in 2003 and joined Nelsons as a Partner in December 2020, following our acquisition of Glynis Wright & Co, Leicester.
Glynis heads up our Family Law team in Leicester and advises on divorce and financial settlements which involve complex issues and substantial assets. She also advises on cohabitation disputes, pre and post nuptial agreements and separation agreements, along with residence and contact cases involving children (known as Child Arrangements Orders).
Since qualifying as a solicitor, Glynis has built up a considerable reputation and has particular expertise in taking instructions from high net worth clients with complex business and personal assets. Glynis works closely in partnership with local and London based specialist Barristers to deliver top-quality legal services for her clients.
Glynis was elected President of the Leicestershire Law Society and served from July 2019 to September 2020. She is currently Chair of the Advisory Board to the Faculty of Business & Law at De Montfort University and Co-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Leicestershire Law Society.
Areas of Expertise
- Divorce and separation
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Financial provision
- Cohabitation disputes
- Cohabitation agreements
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Post-nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Parental responsibility
- Child arrangements
- Formerly Founder and Head of Practice at Glynis Wright & Co
- Received a Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in 2021
- Chair of the Advisory Board to the Faculty of Business & Law at De Montfort University
- Served as President of the Leicestershire Law Society from July 2019 to September 2020
- Co-Chair of the Executive Committee of the Leicestershire Law Society
- Trustee on the board of Alex’s Wish, a charity set-up to eradicate Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and heavily involved with fundraising initiatives
- Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Glynis pursued a successful career in local government, most latterly in the field of economic development.
- Completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC) with multiple Distinctions and was awarded the special status of Student of the Year by the Law Society nationally.
- Glynis’ previous law firm Glynis Wright & Co won Law Firm of the Year (small firm) in the national Law Society Excellence Awards in 2018 and Law Firm of the Year in the Leicestershire Law Society Awards in 2015
“After absorbing the information from my hearing yesterday I wanted to say a huge thank you to Glynis Wright for her professionalism and support throughout my divorce process. Glynis ensured that we left the hearing in such a strong position. She controlled the hearing in a respectful manner and represented me with such confidence and determination against the opposition who had hired a Barrister. Who the heck needs a Barrister when I had you to represent me! I am so thankful you’re on my ‘team’.”