Compensation claims against the NHS
If you have been injured while in the care of the NHS, you are entitled to make a complaint. Every NHS organisation has a complaints procedure, including hospitals, GP surgeries and dentists. Most private healthcare providers will also have a complaints procedure.
Making a claim against the NHS
For NHS patients, the NHS Constitution explains your rights when making a complaint. Amongst other things you have the right to:
- Have your complaint dealt with efficiently and properly investigated
- Know the outcome of any investigation into your complaint
- Take your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman if you are not satisfied with the way that the NHS has dealt with your complaint
Making a complaint can be very helpful for a number of reasons:
- It is an opportunity to get an explanation as to why you were treated in a certain way
- You may be offered a complaints meeting with key members of staff and those who were in charge of your treatment so that you can ask them questions face-to face
- The response to the complaint may be very helpful in terms of bringing a claim for medical negligence compensation. It may contain an admission of fault for example which could make bringing a claim much easier.
How can Nelsons help?
Our team of specialist lawyers may be able to assist you with drafting the complaint. If you have already made a complaint and received a response then we can review this for you and advise whether you have a claim for medical negligence compensation.
We are always happy to discuss the circumstances of your potential claim either over the phone, via email or where appropriate at a meeting.
"What can I say except thank you so much for everything. You took a chance on our case when no one else would and that made all the difference in the world to us. I feel that we got as much justice as possible.".
To find out if you have a claim, please contact us to discuss how our Medical Negligence Solicitors can help you. For a quick response to your enquiry, call us now or use our online chat.