Expert training and support for your business
The training provided by our experienced legal team is practical and interactive and is designed to reflect the pressing issues of the moment.
We have recently held employment and HR training events for businesses on a wide range of topics including:
- Making hybrid and remote working work best
- Whistleblowing masterclass
- Unfair dismissals
- Post-termination restrictions in employment contracts
- Managing performance and courageous conversations
- Dealing with disciplinary issues
Our events are delivered in-person at one of our offices in Derby, Leicester or Nottingham, or online.
The employment law training provided by our team includes:
- Case studies based on issues we have dealt with and real working examples
- Reference to relevant legislation and case law in a practical and easily understandable format
- Open discussion and debate to engage the participants and add value
- Training packs with reference material
Our expert Employment Law team
The employment law issues that the majority of organisations have to deal with can be very complicated. Our expert solicitors provide comprehensive legal advice and assistance to help businesses deal with the complex issues they face on a day-to-day basis.
Our team is overseen by Partner, Laura Kearsley, who is an experienced speaker on employment law matters. Laura is supported by solicitors and financial advisers, who specialise in a variety of other disciplines, including:
Our employment and HR training partners
Our team also works with several leading training partners. All of the trainers we work with have a vast array of experience, gained in a variety of business sectors.
We have recently held several events in conjunction with the award-winning leadership and management training consultancy, Challenge Consulting.
Challenge Consulting are specialists in leadership, management and interpersonal skills development and offers a range of courses which are delivered interactively and designed with a high degree of participation from delegates to ensure that the course content is practical and relevant to the workplace.
Their training offer includes:
- A range of short courses and qualifications delivered on published dates at their training centre in Nottinghamshire, in a wide variety of topics related to leadership, management, coaching and mentoring, and customer care.
- Short courses are of one or two days’ duration with a focus on specific topic areas such as leading others or coaching skills for managers.
- Courses leading to Qualifications – ILM Qualifications in leadership, management and coaching from level 2 for team leaders to level 7 for senior managers. These are available on published dates at their training centre in Nottinghamshire and are bookable on a per-person basis.
Courses can also be tailored to meet specific organisational needs and conducted in-company at a time and date to suit you.
To find out more about the courses that Challenge Consulting offer, visit their website.
"As always, the Nelsons briefings are comprehensive and tailored to the topic and to the audience's understanding. Thank you for all your efforts."Attendee Feedback
"I found yesterday really useful, and your help is much appreciated as always."Attendee Feedback
"Thank you so much for taking the time to conduct the webinar today. It was much appreciated and thank you for supporting our grass root community groups which will hopefully enable them to advice their service users better and be more well informed."Attendee Feedback
"Excellent session, very useful. Very well facilitated. The team are clearly very knowledgeable, passionate and committed to their work. Great to see."Attendee Feedback
"Amongst the plethora of online sessions that are being made available currently, this has been one of the best - engaging, comprehensive, relevant and helpful; thanks."Attendee Feedback
"Good breadth of delivery format, friendly knowledgeable team. Nice informal atmosphere with relevant helpful content and supporting materials."Attendee Feedback
"The session was very enjoyable and informative."Attendee Feedback
"We found the Nelson’s team to be approachable, understanding, professional and concise at a time of great stress and anxiety. Their approach to our employment issue was exactly what we needed when dealing with a matter for which we had no prior experience."Referee feedback provided to The Legal 500 2024
"The team’s willingness to assist and collaborate between departments to deliver the outcome I needed was above and beyond what I could have expected."Referee feedback provided to The Legal 500 2024
"The individuals we engage regularly with take the time to know us and our organisation well. They are focused on solving problems in their context and make the effort to personalise their advice and recommendations as a result. There is a good sense of emotional support and reassurance for staff when engaging in sometimes challenging matters."Referee feedback provided to The Legal 500 2024