The fees listed in the previous section cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim, which includes:
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on the merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and is subject to change).
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation, where this is mandatory, to explore whether a settlement can be reached.
- Preparing a claim or response.
- Reviewing and advising on a claim or response from the other party.
- Exploring a settlement and negotiating a settlement throughout the process.
- Preparing or considering a schedule of loss.
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents.
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing the content with witnesses.
- Preparing bundle of documents.
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements.
- Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or a cast list.
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged according to your individual needs.