As a guide, we estimate our fees for advising on making or defending an employment law claim for unfair or wrongful dismissal to be in the region of:
- £8,000 to £15,000 + VAT for advising and assisting on bringing a claim
- £10,000 to £18,000 + VAT for advising and assisting on defending a claim
Please note that these fees exclude any of our time spent representing you at any Tribunal hearings.
Factors that could make a case more complex, include:
- If it is necessary to make or defend an application to amend a claim or to provide further information about an existing claim.
- Defending a claim that is brought by a litigant in person (a person or business that has the right to address a Court (rights of audience) and is not legally represented by a solicitor or barrister).
- Making or defending a costs application.
- Any preliminary issues, such as time limits or whether the claimant is/was an employee.
- The number of witnesses and documents involved in the claim.
In addition, these price guidelines do not apply to cases involving discrimination or protected disclosures (whistle blowing) allegations. Due to the complexities and additional work required in these cases, we will require some detailed information about your case before we can provide you with a quote for our fees.