Managing and supporting your workforce
Organisations make decisions every day that affect their workforce. Getting the right employment law advice from the start ensures that these decisions are the correct ones for your business.
Managing day to day issues relating to your business and workforce can often be a time consuming task, but if these issues aren’t dealt with appropriately and promptly, it can result in problems for your organisation.
Employment law advice
At Nelsons, our expert team of employment law solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham advise businesses and not-for-profit organisations on contentious and non-contentious employment law issues.
Examples of employment law issues
The list below is not intended to be exhaustive. In the event that you have an employment law issue which does not appear below, please contact us for a no obligation initial telephone discussion to see how we can help.
- Recruitment and contracts – for example, advice regarding best practice during the recruitment process, drafting and issuing contracts of employment and changing terms and conditions.
- Discrimination – for example, advice on best practice and how to minimise the risk of facing a potentially expensive discrimination claim and defending discrimination claims relating to each of the protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
- Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) – for example, advice and support on carrying out a fair consultation process where your business is being sold or certain functions are being outsourced.
- Employment Tribunal claims – conducting and defending various claims, such as:
- Settlement agreements (drafting and negotiating) – including providing pragmatic and commercial advice and assistance during negotiation and drafting settlement agreements that are tailored to and protect your organisation’s needs.
- Redundancy – for example, advice and support on how to conduct a redundancy selection and consultation exercise.
- Discipline and grievance issues – for example, how to deal with issues that are raised fairly and reasonably and how to deal with and appropriately sanction misconduct when that does occur.
How our employment law solicitors can help
At Nelsons, we understand that organisations have different needs when it comes to employment law and HR support. That’s why we offer choices about the way in which our clients engage with us. Some come to us for employment law advice as issues arise, but a growing number choose to fix their legal costs through our fixed price services.
Businesses are also increasingly recognising the value in training their managers and staff. We offer a wide range of flexible, practical employment law training services which are tailored to the needs of each of our client organisations.
If you require advice for your business, please call us on 0800 024 1976 or contact us via our online form to speak to a member of our specialist team.
"Nelsons has always been quick to understand our needs and provide clear guidance on the most practical approach to some of the employment related matters we face."Client Feedback
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited is rated for its 'excellent support' and 'professional expertise'…the group handles a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, from industrial relations, whistleblowing and TUPE issues, to redundancy and reorganisation matters and senior executive exits. It also provides strategic HR advice and assistance with disciplinary and grievance hearings and employee consultations.”Legal 500
"The employment department is very responsive, offering pragmatic legal solutions to some very complex issues."Client Feedback