Helping you to sell a house
As soon as you have agreed a sale, our team can help you with the legal process of selling your house.
Conveyancing process – selling a house
- Contact us to give us details of you and your property
- You can get an instant, comprehensive cost estimate for selling your house from our online conveyancing fees calculator
- Tell your estate agent that our conveyancing solicitors are acting for you and give them our contact details
We will then send you:
- A conveyancing quotation together with our terms and conditions and an instruction form to collect details of you, your buyer and the transaction
- We will need proof of your identity (under Money Laundering legislation) or you can give us the approval to do identity verification checks
The next steps are then:
- We will obtain the deeds to your property and the Land Registry copy entries we need to get started
- You will be asked to give essential information about your house by filling in a ‘Property Information Form’ and a ‘Fixture, Fittings and Contents Form’
- We will also need you to give us any documents you have such as guarantees or planning consents
- We will send a draft contract to the buyer’s solicitors who must then carry out searches with the local authority and other agencies
We practice the latest house conveyancing methods to ensure your move is a hassle-free experience
We provide a fast, efficient and value for money service to our conveyancing clients using online search tools and other modern technology. We provide:
- Instant online quotations
- 24 hour case tracking through our secure online system
- Fixed fee conveyancing for peace of mind on costs
- Email updates and text messages at key stages of the transaction
- Online case tracking
Our high quality and efficient property team is accredited by the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme.
In September 2019, our conveyancing solicitors were named ‘Regional Conveyancing Firm of the Year’ for the East Midlands at the LFS Conveyancing Awards 2019. The award win also led to us being shortlisted for the ‘Overall Conveyancing Firm of the Year’, for which we took home the second-place silver award.
Get an instant online conveyancing fee quote for your house sale.
“Was nervous about not going with a local solicitor for our first house purchase but excellent service and approachable staff proved us wrong!”Client Feedback
"I have found Nelsons to be very helpful all along the way and would not hesitate in recommending your firm in the future."Client Feedback
"I was very impressed with the professionalism and manner in which my case was dealt with. Many thanks."Client Feedback
"Nelsons are fantastic. Fast, reliable service. Communication is superb. Would definitely recommend their conveyancing service for house buying/selling."Client Feedback