Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of a leasehold property, including:
- Communicating with you, your buyers’ conveyancer, your estate agent, your landlord/management company and your mortgage provider, as necessary, to facilitate a smooth transaction.
- Obtaining the title registers from the Land Registry and establishing your ownership.
- Advising you on the completion of the Law Society Property Information Form.
- Preparing the contract for the sale of the property.
- Obtaining the leasehold resale information pack from the landlord and/or management company.
- Issuing all documentation to the buyers’ conveyancer.
- Liaising with your current mortgage provider to obtain a settlement figure for the redemption of your current mortgage.
- Taking your instructions and replying to any enquiries regarding the property that are raised by the buyers’ conveyancer.
- Exchanging the contracts on your authority to secure the buyer and their deposit monies.
- Calculating apportionment’s for ground rent and service charges, as may be due to you and the buyer on completion.
- Preparing a detailed financial statement for you in relation to the sale in anticipation of completion.
- Facilitating the completion of the sale and making such payments, as are necessary to you, your estate agent, your landlord/management company and your mortgage provider.
- Retain a copy of your file on record for a minimum of seven years for your information purposes.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the Land Registry document fees and estate agents invoices.
We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The disbursements, which we anticipate will apply, are set out in your conveyancing estimate. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on your specific transaction.
When selling a leasehold property you will also be responsible for obtaining the leasehold resale pack from the landlord and/or management company, and you will need an information pack from each party that collects the ground rent and service charges. You should budget between £150 to £300 for each pack required.