Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of a freehold property, including:-
- Communicating with you, your buyers’ conveyancer, your estate agent and your mortgage provider, as necessary, to facilitate a smooth transaction.
- Obtaining the title registers from the Land Registry and establishing your ownership.
- Advising you on the completion of the Law Society Property Information Form.
- Preparing the contract for the sale of the property.
- Issuing all documentation to the buyers’ conveyancer.
- Liaising with your current mortgage provider to obtain a settlement figure for the redemption of your current mortgage.
- Taking your instructions and replying to any enquiries regarding the property that are raised by the buyers’ conveyancer.
- Exchanging the contracts on your authority to secure the buyer and their deposit monies.
- Preparing a detailed financial statement for you in relation to the sale in anticipation of completion.
- Facilitating the completion of the sale and making such payments, as are necessary, to you, your estate agent and your mortgage provider.
- Retain a copy of your file on record for a minimum of seven years for your information purposes.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the Land Registry document fees and estate agents invoices.
We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The disbursements, which are strictly necessary, are set out in your conveyancing estimate. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on your specific transaction.