Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the remortgage of a property, including:-
- Communicating with you and your mortgage provider, as necessary, to facilitate a smooth transaction.
- Obtaining the title registers from the Land Registry and establishing your ownership.
- Liaising with your current mortgage provider to obtain a settlement figure for the redemption of your current mortgage.
- Review the conditions of your mortgage offer.
- Report to you with the mortgage deed for your signature.
- Carry out a Local Authority search, drainage and water search, environmental and flood search and, where necessary, a mining search or obtain search indemnity insurance, in satisfaction of your lender’s mortgage conditions.
- Advise you on the results of the searches.
- Agree a completion date with your lender to complete your remortgage.
- Obtain pre-completion searches.
- Preparing a detailed financial statement for you in relation to the remortgage in anticipation of completion.
- Facilitating the completion of the remortgage and making such payments, as are necessary, to you and your current lender.
- Attend to the registration of your ownership at the Land Registry.
- Retain a copy of your file on record for a minimum of seven years for your information purposes.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as the Land Registry document fees and searches.
We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. The disbursements, which are strictly necessary, are set out in your conveyancing estimate. This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply depending on your specific transaction.