Your rights in the workplace
Our employment law solicitors
If you are experiencing problems at work, we can provide you with expert legal advice regarding your circumstances and help you resolve these issues.
We can advise on the full range of employment law queries, including:
- Employment contracts – for example, if you believe your terms and conditions have been changed without appropriate consultation or consent or if you have any queries about the effect of specific provisions of your contract.
- Settlement agreements – for example, if you need advice on a settlement offer that has been made to you or assistance with negotiations, or if you have agreed terms with your employer and require advice on the terms and effect of a settlement agreement.
- Unfair dismissal claims – for example, if you feel your employer has dismissed you without fair or proper cause or without following required process.
- Discrimination claims – for example, if you feel you have been the victim of discrimination either during a recruitment process or employment on grounds of your age, sex, disability religion or belief or any of the protected characteristics covered by the Equality Act 2010.
- Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) – for example, if you have been notified that your employer is selling its business or outsourcing the work that you currently do and you require advice regarding that process.
- Restrictive covenants – for example, if you are considering resigning or have already left previous employment and require advice as to the scope, enforceability or validity of any post-termination restrictions that you are subject to.
- Redundancy – for example, if you feel your role might be at risk, or you have been formally notified that your role is at risk of redundancy and you need advice or support throughout the consultation process or feel that a consultation process you have been subjected to was not carried out as it should have been.
- Disciplinary proceedings – for example, if you are facing allegations regarding your conduct and need advice regarding your position and potential mitigation that you could raise or the process generally
Contact us with a no obligation enquiry today and we will be able to discuss your employment issues in more detail. We also offer a fixed fee one hour appointment which is charged at £200 + VAT.
During this appointment, you will be able to meet with one of our experienced employment law solicitors and they will explain what your legal rights and options are, as well as what it may cost to take further legal advice, advising on all of the available options to fund your case.
In 2017, the Government abolished the fee system, meaning fees are no longer payable to bring Employment Tribunal claims.
For further information on how our expert team of solicitors across the East Midlands can assist you, please call 0800 024 1976 or contact us via our online enquiry form for a guaranteed response.
Online fixed fee employment law services
In addition to our in-house services, we also offer a range of flexible, convenient and low cost online employment law services to help you through your working life. Priced at just £29, we offer two packs of documents and letters which will help you:
- Make a request for flexible working
- Make a request for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Build a professionally structured CV and covering letter
All of our online services are quick and easy to use and come with helpful notes to guide you through the process. You can also try out the documents before you buy them.
"The employment department is very responsive, offering pragmatic legal solutions to some very complex issues."Client Feedback
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited is rated for its 'excellent support' and 'professional expertise'…the group handles a range of contentious and non-contentious matters, from industrial relations, whistleblowing and TUPE issues, to redundancy and reorganisation matters and senior executive exits. It also provides strategic HR advice and assistance with disciplinary and grievance hearings and employee consultations.”Legal 500
"My lawyer was wonderful. This was my first experience of approaching a Solicitor and I wasn't sure what to expect. She helped me massively."Client Feedback
"Thank you for your help during a difficult period of life for me. As well as the friendly welcome."Client Feedback
"My overall experience was a really good one. Easy to do business and friendly too."Client Feedback