Help for parents with admission appeals and school issues
Nelsons can provide education law advice for parents on a wide range of matters, including:
- School admission appeals
- Special educational needs, including statements, EHC plans and SEN tribunals (SENDIST)
- School complaints
- Independent school issues, such as contract disputes
School admission appeals
Having a place refused at the school you wish your child to attend can be an upsetting experience. If you are in this position you have the right to appeal against the decision.
The appeal process can be complex. We can provide expert education law advice for parents to help you prepare the best case for your appeal.
Nelsons’ expert education team can provide support with the following:
- Preparing your appeal – identifying your strongest arguments and writing the grounds for appeal – £550 + VAT
- Presenting your case – representing you at the appeal panel hearing and challenging the school’s arguments – £800 + VAT*
- Full support – a combined package to both prepare your appeal case and present to the panel – £1,250 + VAT*
- Fixed fee interview – we also offer a fixed fee general advice interview, either at our offices or over the phone, for £200 + VAT
* Travel within one hour of Nelsons’ offices is included within this fee.
Barrister Ian Jones is one of the leading education lawyers in the East Midlands, with over 20 years’ experience of working in education law. He has advised parents on many school issues and has attended hundreds of admission appeal hearings. With a strong reputation for clear advice and understanding of the issues faced by parents, he is an expert in this field. For advice on school admission appeals, call Ian today on 0116 214 6823.
We can provide education law advice for parents of pupils at schools across England and Wales.