Peace of mind on divorce costs
Getting divorced is a stressful and upsetting experience. If you know you want to get divorced, we offer a choice of ways of helping you through the procedure, according to how much you want to spend and how much support you would like.
Nelsons’ Fixed Fee Online Services
Our online divorce services provides an alternative if you are comfortable with online customised divorce documents, supported by detailed law guides explaining the legal grounds for divorce and the procedure.
Standard Online Fixed Fee Divorce Pack
This service provides you with:
- The complete set of papers that you will need to obtain your divorce
- Divorce advice through our online Law Guides
- Online step by step guidance on completing the online divorce papers
This comes with the reassurance that your divorce papers are checked by a specialist divorce lawyer – all for a fixed fee of £199 + VAT + the court fees.
Online Fixed Fee Divorce Plus
The Online Divorce Plus service offers you more hands on support and guidance, including:-
- The complete set of online divorce papers that you will need to obtain your divorce
- Online step by step guidance on completing the online divorce forms
- Telephone support at any stage from one of our specialist family lawyers to help you complete the forms and guide you through the online divorce process from start to finish
- Access to your lawyer by email and telephone
- Your online divorce forms checked by one of our specialist lawyers
The Online Divorce Plus service costs Your divorce lawyer will check the documents you produce and steer you stage by stage through the procedure – all for a fixed fee of £299 + VAT + court fees.
These services apply if you are the one who starts the divorce proceedings. If you want advice on divorce proceedings started by your spouse, please contact us for more information.
Peace of mind on divorce costs
Our online divorce services provide everything you need for an uncontested divorce but allows you to save money, while still having the reassurance of support from a specialist divorce lawyer.
The vast majority of divorces are uncontested but you won’t know this for sure until your spouse has responded to the divorce petition. In the unlikely event that your divorce does become contested:
- You will need specialist legal advice from a divorce solicitor, which we offer at an hourly rate
- All of the fee you have paid for the online service will be credited against the cost of further legal advice
If you are having marriage problems, but are not yet sure that you want a divorce:
- We offer two fixed fee appointment options depending on the level of advice you require. For both options, one of our specialist divorce lawyers will meet you and give you a full assessment of your case. They will explain what your legal rights and options are, as well as what it may cost to take further legal advice. This is charged at £200 + VAT or £150 + VAT if you are meeting with one of our paralegals.
After your divorce is finalised, you can deal with all outstanding financial, family and personal issues. In most cases you will need legal advice to make sure your interests are protected – even if you have reached an agreement with your spouse – so contact us to discuss how our solicitors in Derby, Leicester and Nottingham can help you.
"Nelsons Solicitors Limited has an excellent reputation in financial relief cases involving high-net-worth individuals and complicated child-related proceedings."Legal 500
“Accomplished practice noted for both matrimonial and childcare matters. Appropriately equipped to assist with public and private children law, including adoptions, child abductions and non-accidental injury cases. Active in high-value financial remedy matters, including those involving trusts, commercial assets and cross-border aspects.”Chambers & Partners
"Very satisfied with all the service you have given me. Thank you for all the help I have been given."Client Feedback
"Service was superb."Client Feedback
"Excellent service."Client Feedback
"Perfect handling of a sensitive situation."Client Feedback