Peace of mind on divorce costs
Getting divorced is a stressful and upsetting experience. If you know you want to get divorced, we offer a choice of ways of helping you through the procedure, according to how much you want to spend and how much support you would like.
Our fixed fee divorce solicitors provide a number of fixed fee divorce services, offering you peace of mind with regards to costs. Our services include:
Standard Fixed Fee Divorce Service
Many clients choose our personal, face to face service, where we meet with you and handle the whole fixed fee divorce for you.
For an uncontested divorce we charge a fixed fee of £500 + VAT + the court fees. This applies where there is no substantial disagreement relating to the grounds for divorce.
What work is included:
- An initial meeting with a lawyer to advise you on the grounds for divorce and procedure
- Preparing the divorce paperwork
- Sending the divorce papers to the court and all steps to finalise the divorce
What work is not included:
- Any work required if your spouse defends the divorce
- Work if you decide to amend the divorce petition
- The costs involved if there are problems in serving the divorce papers on your spouse
- The costs of obtaining a certified copy of your marriage certificate or having your marriage certificate translated
- The fees for enforcing any costs order obtained against your spouse
- Any advice or work relating to property, finance and children issues
We can also act for the respondent in divorce for a fixed fee of £200 + VAT. In addition, we can also provide fixed fee parental responsibility agreements.
Online Fixed Fee Divorce
This online divorce service provides an alternative if you are comfortable with online customised divorce documents, supported by detailed law guides explaining the legal grounds for divorce and the procedure.
This comes with the reassurance that your divorce papers are checked by a specialist divorce lawyer – all for a fixed fee of £199 + VAT + the court fees, a saving of £300 + VAT.
Online Fixed Fee Divorce Plus
Your divorce lawyer will check the documents you produce and steer you stage by stage through the procedure – all for a fixed fee of £299 + VAT + court fees, a saving of £200 + VAT.
These services apply if you are the one who starts the divorce proceedings. If you want advice on divorce proceedings started by your spouse, please contact us for more information.
Peace of mind on divorce costs
Our online divorce services provide everything you need for an uncontested divorce but allows you to save money, while still having the reassurance of support from a specialist divorce lawyer.
The vast majority of divorces are uncontested but you won’t know this for sure until your spouse has responded to the divorce petition. In the unlikely event that your divorce does become contested:
- You will need specialist legal advice from a divorce solicitor, which we offer at an hourly rate
- All of the fee you have paid for the online service will be credited against the cost of further legal advice
If you are having marriage problems, but are not yet sure that you want a divorce:
- We offer two fixed fee appointment options depending on the level of advice you require. For both options, one of our specialist divorce lawyers will meet you and give you a full assessment of your case. They will explain what your legal rights and options are, as well as what it may cost to take further legal advice. This is charged at £150 + VAT or £185 + VAT if you would prefer to meet with one of our family law partners.
After your divorce is finalised, you can deal with all outstanding financial, family and personal issues. In most cases you will need legal advice to make sure your interests are protected – even if you have reached an agreement with your spouse – so contact us for more information on how we can help you after your divorce.
“The ‘very thoughtful and efficient’ Kelvin Henderson…runs both ‘small- and big-money cases with equal skill and care’. “Legal 500