In the event that the debt you are pursuing becomes disputed or, in instances where you may benefit from additional advice/services, your file may be referred to a member of our Dispute Resolution team.
Matters will only be referred and fees will only be incurred in this way, having obtained your express instructions to do so. As we cannot always know in advance precisely what work is going to be involved, we will provide you with the best information possible about the likely cost at the beginning of the matter and at intervals while the matter proceeds.
Our hourly rates are as follows:
- Partner / Consultant – £335 plus VAT
- Legal Director – £300 plus VAT
- Senior Associate – £260 plus VAT
- Associate – £215 plus VAT
- Trainee Solicitor / Senior Paralegal – £180 plus VAT
- Paralegal – £135 plus VAT
The above fees cover all work done, including:
- Time spent in meetings with you and others (including others from Nelsons).
- Preparing documents.
- Preparing advice.
- Reading and preparing letters, emails and faxes.
- Telephone calls made and received.
- Any other activity necessary to progress your matter.
Sometimes we may increase the rates outlined above – we will notify you of the changes prior to them taking effect.
The hourly rate is specific to the work you have asked us to undertake and may reflect the value of the property or assets involved, unusual complexity, levels of responsibility, exceptional value of our work to you, working unsociable hours or unusual speed applied to your matter.