A personal injury settlement, both during the settlement process and after the settlement has been completed, may need managing for a number of reasons, including:
- When to apply for interim payments, how to manage them and what on-going costs to claim, plus advice on ultimate recoverability.
- Protecting the right to means tested state benefits.
- Protecting against being pressured to give money to other people or from using it in the wrong way.
- Being unable to deal with the settlement yourself due to a lack of capacity.
- To ensure that the funds are managed to provide for you for the rest of your life – we appreciate, especially with larger settlements, that this is their primary purpose.