Group action compensation claims
A group action claim is when a group of people collectively bring their claims to court. They are often created when many people have been affected by the same issue, such as:
- Environmental issues
- Defective products
- Institutional child abuse
These cases are also known as class actions or multi-party actions.
A group of claimants often have more impact if they bring their cases together, and cases that are too low value to be run alone may be successful if they are brought together as a group action.
If your case is suitable for a group action, we will liaise with solicitors representing other claimants and if a group action is already in progress, you may be able to join it.
No win, no fee agreements may be available for group action cases.
How Nelsons can help with your Group Action Claim
Nelsons are leading specialists in group action claims. We have many years’ experience in dealing with these complex claims and have assisted with cases involving:
- Silicone implants
- Toxic sofas
- Occupational asthma
- Asbestos exposure
- Mineworkers’ occupational illnesses.
We have taken a lead role in many previous group actions, including:
- Prescribed medication, such as the drug Septrin
- Medical devices, such as the contraceptive device Persona
- Medical tools, such as radio-opaque substances Myodil and Dimer-X
- Multiple actions across Britain involving systematic child abuse
- Environmental nuisance, such as that arising from a wastewater treatment plant in Liverpool.
Our Group Actions team is led by Chris Stansfield, who is an expert in this complicated area of law and has been involved in many group actions.
"Very approachable people."Chambers & Partners
For more information, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss your case in more detail.