Fixed fee academy conversion services
Choosing the right Academy Conversion Solicitor is essential. Nelsons can provide your school with a comprehensive support package delivered by experienced lawyers who will be available to guide you through the process, answering any queries that you have.
If your school is considering converting to an academy, Nelsons’ Academy Conversion Solicitors can assist you with all aspects of the process:
- Consultation and support at the initial stakeholder meetings by attending with you or providing templates and presentations for your use
- Establishing the Academy Trust as a new company at Companies House
- All employment and HR requirements including TUPE
- Consideration of SEN, inclusion and Equality Act issues
- Advice on pensions arrangements
- Dealing with the funding agreements and liaising with the DfE
- Education advice on the issues relating to admissions and exclusions
- Transferring any land used by the school to the Trust
- Transferring, renewing and procuring new contracts
- Advice on academy governance issues
- Linking or collaborating with other local schools
Although fees will vary depending on school size, we’ll be able to provide you with a fixed fee, giving you transparency and confidence in the knowledge that you’ll know at the outset exactly what your legal fees to convert to academy status will be.
How our academy conversion solicitors can help
Our expert team of education lawyers can manage your conversion from start to finish by providing a dedicated support package, including:
- Fixed fees for the conversion process
- Personalised advice to suit your school’s needs
- A team of expert solicitors used to working to deadlines and budgets
- Prompt responses to your phone call and email enquiries
Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) formation
We are experienced in supporting schools in forming multi-academy trusts (MAT), advising existing MATs on adding further schools or academies and advising schools and academies on joining existing MATs.
We offer capped fees for our work in this area so your maximum likely costs are clear, but you also have the comfort of knowing that if the project takes less work than anticipated, you will only pay for the time spent. Discounts are available for projects involving more than one school.
Please contact us or call 0800 024 1976 to discuss how our education solicitors can help your school.
If you’d like to find out more about the education law services we offer for schools who already have academy status, please visit our Services for Academies page.