Car accidents pose a significant risk to road and motorway users, so if you need to know more about making a claim or compensation for your car accident injury:
- It is important to remember that the driver responsible for the accident is responsible for any damages that follow as a result
- The insurance company of the driver at fault will be liable to pay compensation for your injuries and your other losses
- If you or a relative have been injured as a passenger in car crash, you may be eligible for financial compensation
Our solicitors can help protect your legal rights and recover damages for your compensation for pain and suffering, the impact of long term injury, any uninsured losses and loss of earnings.
Contact our offices in Nottingham Leicester or Derby to speak to a car accident lawyer today.
We are members of the Motor Accident Solicitors Society (MASS) which warns consumers of the dangers of dealing direct with an insurance company representing the driver who caused the accident:-
- Some insurers are contacting victims offering to settle their claim, before they have had the chance to seek independent legal advice
- This practice is known as ‘third party capture’ and often means that victims are not given the compensation that they are fully entitled to
- Some insurers put pressure on victims not to seek independent legal advice, often giving misleading or misrepresenting reasons of increased expense and time for their claim
If you have been injured in a car accident that is not your fault you need to:-
- Seek medical advice
- Take legal advice from a specialist at Nelsons
- Inform your insurance company
- Keep records and receipts of any expenses you incur as a result of the accident