You can claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) if you have been injured as a result of a crime.
- We offer no win, no fee services
- Nelsons is on the Headway Approved Solicitors list and work within the Headway Personal Injury Solicitors Code of Conduct.
- To find out if you have a claim, please contact us on Freephone 0800 614370
- Usually, there is a time limit for claiming after an accident or injury, so please act promptly
CICA is a government fund that decides whether a particular criminal injury qualifies for compensation.
In straightforward cases you may be able to apply without a solicitor, but we can help if there is doubt about eligibilty, or if a serious injury may cause future financial loss.
Qualifying for Criminal Injuries compensation
- The injury must be the result of a crime
- You must have attended at least two doctor's appointments after the injury
- Your recovery must take at least six weeks
The injury doesn't have to be the result of deliberate violence - all that matters is that you have been injured as a result of a crime. Close relatives of someone killed as a consequence of crime may also be able to claim compensation.