If you have been injured in an animal attack or by a dog bite in the last 3 years, you may be able to claim compensation.
We have handled many claims for injuries caused by animal attacks - including attacks by dogs on children - and can advise on making a claim for compensation.
People who own animals have a legal responsibility to ensure that they do not cause an injury and victims of animal attacks or dog bites can get compensation.
- We offer no win, no fee services
- To find out if you have a claim, please contact us on Freephone 0800 614370
- Usually, there is a time limit for claiming after an accident/injury so please act promptly
Dog bites, in particular, can result in severe physical and psychological injury that can take a long time to heal.
Claims for Dog Bites and Animal Attacks require specialist advice
You should take advice if you are attacked by a dangerous dog or other animal, because the Law on this issue is complex:-
- Under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 special restrictions apply to the owners of some restricted breeds of dog
- These are Pit Bull terriers, Japanese tosa and other dogs bred for fighting
- There are restrictions on breeding them, selling them, or allowing them to be in public places without being muzzled or on a lead
- The Animals Act 1971 also makes the person in possession of the animal liable to pay compensation for any injury caused
- If your injuries were caused by a guard dog, the law requires them to be on premises with a competent dog handler, or under physical restraint
If the attack takes place in someone's home then the law is different, but you still may be able to make a successful claim.