Nelsons Solicitors have been at the forefront of providing mediation services across the East Midlands for a number of years. Established in 1983 Nelsons provides legal services to clients across the East Midlands and beyond.
If you are looking for family mediation in the Leicester area don’t hesitate to contact the local Leicester office for more information.
What is family mediation and how can a mediator help?
Divorce or separation is never an easy thing for families to deal with and if handled incorrectly can cause disruption for all of the involved parties. Family mediation is a productive and helpful way to approach all of the issues that arise during a separation or divorce and can help you find a mutually beneficial outcome to proceedings rather than leaving it in the hands of the courts.
Family Mediation can help you decide:
- Where your children will live and access to them
- How you are going to split up your assets
- What will happen to the family home and the best way of dealing with it
- How you are going to cope with day to day parenting and the decisions that have to be made
When should you use a Mediator?
- Mediation depends on both parties wanting to find solutions
- In many cases couples take their own independent legal advice before they see the Mediator
- For those couples it is a less acrimonious, quicker and cheaper option than pursuing their differences through the Courts
- If agreement is reached you may need to go back to your own solicitor to help finalise agreement in a binding way
- In most cases a successful Mediation takes more than one session and you are free to see your own solicitor if you want to for legal advice in between sessions
What happens in family mediation?
- In family mediation the mediator is there to help both parties, this is unlike a solicitor – who would be appointed to act just for you
- In the presence of our qualified Family Mediator both parties are able to talk through their concerns and needs
- Nelsons' mediator is an experienced Family Lawyer – which means she can advise you on the law in order to help you find a common agreement. The mediator, however will remain impartial, so they cannot give advice on what you should do
- Although the Mediator will suggest ways of solving your problems or help you both to reach an agreement, they will never tell you what to do
- A Nelsons mediator will be impartial – they do not take sides
Family mediation can be the key to ensuring that a break up or separation is dealt with fairly for all parties involved.
If you would like further information about the family mediation services that Nelsons Solicitors can provide you can contact our mediation specialists or arrange to come into our offices in Leicester.