If you know you want to get divorced, we offer a choice of ways of helping you through the procedure, according to how much you want to spend and how much support you want.
We offer a number of fixed fee divorce services including Standard Fixed Fee Divorce and Online Divorce, giving you peace of mind with regards to the costs. Our Fixed Fee Divorce services include:
Standard Fixed Fee Divorce Service
- Although we have online options, most of our clients still choose our personal, face to face service where we meet with you and handle the whole Fixed Fee Divorce for you.
- For an uncontested Divorce we offer this all for the fixed fee £500 + VAT + the court fees
- This applies where there is no substantial disagreements relating to the grounds for divorce
What work is included:-
- An initial meeting with a lawyer to advise you on the grounds for divorce and procedure
- Preparing the divorce paperwork
- Sending the divorce papers to the court and all steps to finalise the divorce
What work is not included:-
- Any work required if your spouse defends the divorce
- Work if you decide to amend the Divorce Petition
- The costs involved if there are problems in serving the divorce papers on your spouse
- The costs of obtaining a certified copy of your marriage certificate or having your marriage certificate translated
- The fees for enforcing any Costs Order obtained against your spouse
- Any advice or work relating to property, finance and children issues
We can also act for the respondent in divorce for a fixed fee of £200 + VAT and in addition, provide the following fixed fee family law services:
- Consent Order
- Separation Agreement
- Pre-Nuptial Agreement
- Post-Nuptial Agreement
- Parental Responsibility Agreement
- Cohabitation Agreement
- This online divorce service provides an alternative if you are comfortable with online customised Divorce documents, supported by detailed law guides explaining the legal grounds for Divorce and the procedure.
- This comes with the reassurance that your Divorce papers are checked by a specialist divorce solicitor - all for a fixed fee of £199 + VAT + the court fees, a saving of £300 + VAT
- Your Divorce lawyer will check the documents you produce and steer you stage by stage through the procedure - all for a fixed fee of £299 + VAT + court fees, a saving of £200 + VAT
These Online Divorce Services provide everything you need for an uncontested divorce but allow you to save money, whilst still having the reassurance of support from a specialist divorce solicitor:-
- You may find other Online Divorce Services with cheaper headline prices, but premium rate telephone call charges mean they can cost more than the headlines suggest
These services apply if you are the one who starts the divorce proceedings if you want advice on divorce proceedings started by your spouse then please contact us for more information.
In our experience, the vast majority of divorces go through the Courts uncontested but you won't know this for sure until after your spouse has received the divorce petition and responded to it. In the unlikely event that your divorce does become contested:-
- You will need specialist legal advice from a divorce solicitor, which we offer at an hourly rate
- All of the fee you have paid for the online service will be credited against the cost of further legal advice
If you are having marriage problems, but are not yet sure that you want a Divorce:-
- For a fixed fee of £120 + VAT one of our experienced divorce lawyers will meet with you and give you a full assessment of your case. They will explain what your legal rights and options are, as well as what it may cost to take further legal advice
Do you have to sort everything out before you can get a divorce?
People often think either:-
- That they can't get divorced until they have sorted out their financial issues, or
- That getting divorced automatically concludes financial claims
These are both incorrect - you can deal with all outstanding financial, family and personal issues after your divorce is finalised. In most cases you will need legal advice to make sure your interests in these matters are protected - even if you have agreed with your spouse - so contact us for more information on how we can help you after your divorce.