Medical Negligence includes dental negligence or clinical negligence - if you have suffered injury from Medical Negligence you may be entitled to compensation.
- We offer no win, no fee services
- We are one of a small number of firms that can offer Legal Aid in some medical negligence cases
- Nelsons’ Clinical Negligence team is recognised by the Chambers Legal 500 directory as one of the top teams of specialists in the country
- We are members of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel – a specialist qualification held by experienced Clinical Negligence solicitors
- Nelsons is on the Headway Approved Solicitors list and works within the Headway Personal Injury Solicitors Code of Conduct
- We are Inquest specialists and members of INQUEST
- We have a strong track record of winning cases and securing compensation
To speak with one of our lawyers and find out if you have a claim please contact us on Freephone 0800 024 1976.
Clinical Negligence claims arise from a range of medical accidents, including:-
- Mistaken or delayed diagnosis
- Failure to provide treatment
- Giving the wrong treatment
- Errors in operations
- Failures in consent to surgery
- Birth injuries
- Fatal accidents
These are only a few examples of the many types of claim that we deal with. Please contact one of our lawyers on Freephone 0800 024 1976 to find out whether you have a claim.
Medical negligence claims are particularly complex due to the scientific issues involved:–
- So you need specialist lawyers who understand the legal and medical issues
- We have experienced solicitors who practice solely in Medical Negligence
- We are recognised by the Legal Services Commission, Law Society and Legal 500 as specialists in Clinical Negligence
- We have lawyers who have previously worked in the healthcare sector
There are a number of stages in proving Medical Negligence
In many cases injured people will make a complaint to the hospital or person that treated them. The NHS has a well established complaints procedure. In some circumstances we can assist you with the complaint and we will review the response that you receive.
The key stages in a claim are:-
- We will need access to your medical records and to study them in detail
- We have to prove that the Doctor or other practitioner was negligent. We do so by asking a specialist medical expert to review all of the evidence and prepare a report dealing with the standard of care provided
- Once we have established negligence we still have to prove that your injuries would have been lessened or avoided if the reasonable care had been given
- We will also need expert medical evidence dealing with the nature and extent of your injuries so that we can correctly value the amount of compensation due to you.
We understand that it can be daunting when contemplating bringing a medical negligence claim. Our wide ranging experience ensures that we can give you expert advice on pursuing a claim for compensation and support you through the process.
Please contact us to discuss how our Clinical Negligence Team might act on your behalf if you have been a victim of Clinical and Medical negligence.